Reflections of a Mom's Life

Monday, August 4, 2008

First Bottle - July 30, 2008


Addison wasn't too excited about the bottle at first but she came around
"mimi, i don't want to be burped! i think i'll try the bottle again."

ok this might not be so bad...
"ok, i think i'm done now."

"thanks Mimi, for feeding me my first bottle! it wasn't so bad after all." :)

Addison had her first bottle on Wednesday night last week with her Mimi. She was definitely mad at first. She didn't like it at all! I had probably waited a bit too late to introduce it, 8 1/2 weeks old, but we had to make it work. Sunday I was on to sing in the Worship Center again so I knew with three services ahead of me and having to arrive at church at 6:45am a bottle would be necessary for one of her morning feeding. Addison came around with Mimi and took her 4 oz bottle. Yay!!! Mimi fed her again on Friday night and she didn't even put up a fuss!
Yesterday went beautifully as well. I fed her at 5am...by the way she is sleeping consistently now from 9:30pm to 5:00am - 7 1/2 hours...yipeee...that started at 8 1/2 weeks old...back to Sunday...Anthony fed her a bottle at 8am...and then I was able to feed her again at 11:30am at church. The morning went smoothly and Anthony was INCREDIBLE!!! He dressed all the children, even Addison for the first time (he's been holding out on me) and had them all to church on time!!! What an incredible man I have!!! He's so supportive of me being in the Worship Ministry at Providence and I surely couldn't be without him!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go little Addison, that can be a hard thing to learn. Joe isn't thrilled about dressing the girls either. How does Anthony feel about the tiny little buttons on everything? So glad you can still be a part of the ministry you love and he's there to support!

Heather said...

Wow..I know I've said this, but she looks so much like Harrison in these pics!!

Katy said...

I was so relieved to hear that Sunday morning went so well. Big hi-5 to Anthony for getting it all together - way to go! I know it was a relief to you. You're doing GREAT!

Vonda said...

The pics of Addison taking a bottle are awesome! I know Mimi must have enjoyed that immensely. And yes Addison is a little Harrison made over...wow!

Linda Williams said...

I would not take ANYTHING for getting to feed my two newest girls their bottles! What a treat!
First Carolina Grace and now little Addison Grace.....What a blessing for me to get to sit there and look at them and talk to them and even sing to them.

Thank you Beth for letting me do it!

And I am proud of Anthony. I knew he could do it!

Love,
Mimi and Papa