Reflections of a Mom's Life

Friday, August 15, 2008

laundry

this has been a rough laundry week. with anthony gone last weekend, learning to work exercise into my routine, and just life with three kids... i have gotten behind.

most of it is clean but not folded. some loads are so wrinkled at this point they should probably be rewashed. overwhelmed with where to begin is an understatement. my sweet husband offered to help me with it this weekend, unasked, that should tell you something!!!

i blame some of it on the working out. that dirties up a LOT more clothes!

so my big weekend plans, one of them, is the get my laundry back under control.
.
options for the future...

gonna have to settle down and do a load everyday.
could stop working out for more time - NOT AN OPTION.
could BLOG LESS...hummm...that's for my sanity so i can't stop that either! :)

6 comments:

Mandy said...

You are not alone! I often (even without a newborn at home) find myself in your situation...baskets of unfolded laundry...it does become so overwhelming when it gets like that. It is hard starting a new routine...I am right there with ya:) I think you definitely have a point with the working out creating more laundry...I could probably create a whole load of just workout clothes each week...that is if I could wait a week to wash them.

Plus, I don't know about you, but I have at least 2 full loads of towels to do each week now...gotta love summer!

Trying to do a load or two each day does help...I just need to stick to that program and I'd be alright! Just thought I'd let you know you're not alone!

The Hilemans said...

ok, so if you figure out a good routine, please let me know! I used to do laundry only on Mondays, and that worked well, but now with more kids and bigger kids clothes, it seems like my washer is going all the time. I really dislike folding sheets, so my floor is piled with wrinkled sheets all the time! I feel your pain!

Andy and Jen said...

I'm with you Beth. Since I've started work, I don't know when to get anything done anymore, laundry included. Let me know what you come up with! :)

Sherri said...

I do a load a day with just my 2 kids and that seems like nothing - compared to my sis in law who does 5. Sarah helps me. Brian Barbour does all their laundry - maybe you could send your stuff to him! :)

Katy said...

it is an adjustment, but I promise - you'll get on top of it! It's just so overwhelming when you get so behind like that and you don't even know where to begin! Hopefully you and Anthony got on top of it and you're starting the week of fresh! And yes, the workout clothes make it worse...but it's WORTH IT!!!

Vonda said...

Arghh..laundry is such a drag...ya know my Mama suggested last year when I had Ella Rose that I start doing a load each day and that would help me keep up with it...so every morning before I even head downstairs I pop a load in and usually by the end of the day I have done 2 loads. I hate doing laundry every day, but it does help me keep up with it. Also I started praying for each member of my family when I am folding their particular clothes and ya know that seems to help me a bit have a better attitude. And girl having a good attitude doing laundry is kinda tough for me.