Reflections of a Mom's Life

Friday, August 15, 2008

granddaddy


y'all be praying for my granddaddy. this is my mom's dad and he was diagnosed with Parkinson's this week. my nanny is taking things well. in many ways, they are finally glad to have an answer to what's been going on with him lately. no one could give them any answers and it was getting discouraging to see him change and not know why.

he's 78 and been in excellent health his whole life. i've told some of you, but when i went up the past two times to see my family in VA, it was so strange to see him aging this way. you have a picture in your mind of your grandparents and up until this point he has always been that picture. i know it must be killing my nanny to see the love of her life, her partner and soul mate, changing like this and know she can't stop it. it must be hard for him too.

please pray for them as they accept the news, learn ways to help him through this, and what is to come. i LOVE my nanny and granddaddy SO much. they have had so much influence on my life and my spiritual growth. they love the Lord with all of their heart and serve Him with everything they have. they are a blessing in the lives of the people who know them!!!

i know the Lord will take granddaddy home to be with Him someday and there is NO better place to be!!! it's just hard to imagine life without him in it and imagine nanny without him. praise the Lord our hope is in Jesus and we know we will be with our loved ones again!!!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

We will definitely be praying for him, Beth. Keith's dad passed away from Parkinsons disease last year. It was a very slow and agonizing process. Thankfully we still had some good visits with him for many years...still, it was hard watching him get worse and worse. I know this isn't the most uplifting thing to hear, but we have been through this and will be lifting your Grandaddy and your family up during this difficult time.

The Hilemans said...

We'll be praying, too. My granddad also had Parkinsons and passed away a few months after Kellen came. It's hard to watch, but a joy to know that Jesus is waiting with open arms.

Katy said...

I know this was hard for your family to hear this diagnosis, but also probably strangely a relief to have an answer for why the changes he's gone through. I will be praying for all of you as you adapt to this news...especially your nanny. Such a sweet, sweet lady.

Vonda said...

Beth, I am so sorry to hear about your Granddaddy! I know this must be tough news for y'all but we will be praying that your Nanny will have peace and stength to help him through this. He is so blessed to have you as a Granddaughter.