Reflections of a Mom's Life

Monday, August 6, 2007

Weekend fun at the pool...

See Mimi...I do use all of these fun gifts you think up. Isn't this chair cover from Lillian Vernon??? :)
Harrison usually likes to swim only underwater but Saturday he was able to learn how to do the freestyle stroke and he did really well!
Jackson has learned recently to swim putting his face in the water. He is SO proud of himself when he does this because he wants so much to swim like his brother!!
Boys getting ready to swim to mommy...on your mark, get set, GO!!!
Both boys swam underwater to mommy...they are just doing so well in the water this year!

I know it probably seems like I BLOG a lot about our pool adventures. We are there quite often. The way I see it, the boys aren't going to be comfortable in the water and excel in swimming unless they have a lot of time to practice and experiment without feeling any pressure. So, I take them ALL the time!!! It's only a walk down the street so I can't complain about the commute and they LOVE it! It's a great place to meet new friends and neighbors and it's clear our pool time has paid off this year! The boys have just grown to love the water and I'm so excited for them. Neither of them would put their faces in at the beginning of the summer and now BOTH of them swim underwater! YIPEEE!!! There's just no better way to spend a hot summer day...at least that's the way I feel! :)

6 comments:

dandsratz said...

BETH! Look at those swimmers you have on your hands!! GO BOYS!!! YEAH!!!! Alright Beth, so I keep meaning to write this--do you think that Harrison looks like Anthony's mom??? I think so! They both are SOOOO cute!!

Katy said...

You KNOW that I"m right there with you on the pool days! LOVE them!!!

Vonda said...

Wow the boys have gotten so comfortable swimming...awesome! Watch out all you Olympic swimmers out there. The Williams boys have arrived!!!

Heather J said...

Couldn't agree more - some of my fondest memories are ones spent at the pool growing up! Its very important to me too that our boys are good swimmers! Looks like you have a couple of fish (or tadpoles) on your hands!! I never tire of fun at the pool!!

Anonymous said...

Beth,
It is so good that the boys have had so much "water time". This has definitely been good for them with their swimming and also in making new friends in the neighborhood. I love your set up in Raleigh......
Love, Mom

Linda Williams said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying your Stocking Stuffer from years ago! At least that one was better than getting 2 flour sifters on 2 different years! Ha.

I am so thankful that the boys are doing so well in swimming. I totally believe that God has planted you in Raleigh at just that place!

Love,

Mimi and Papa