Reflections of a Mom's Life

Friday, August 17, 2007

My week with Baylee and Jackson so far....

This has been so much fun being here in VA to take care of Baylee and meet Savannah Grace! I had hoped to get pictures sooner but I forgot the right equipment to make that easy on myself...had to go to my mom's, email all the pix to myself, then save them on Tom's computer so I could BLOG! It's not like I've had time to do it anyway until now! I'm sitting in a completely quiet house with two sleeping babies...HEAVEN!!! Baylee and Jackson have been incredible. They play well AND obey well. I've been so proud of them. They are developing the cutest little friendship and it's been so much fun for me to spend one on one time with Baylee. How priceless!!! It has opened my eyes a bit and I just want to give a shout out to all the mothers out here with multiples!!! I've had a glimpse into your life and I just think you guys are amazing! I think the most difficult thing I've experienced is getting in the car. I've learned the art of multi-tasking with my own children and I feel I do a pretty good job! It's completely different with two who are TWO! One is not older than the other so they don't know how to help mommy or understand the dangers that abound while trying to hook the other one in the car seat. I've had a few panic attacks in the parking lots but besides that, everything has just gone beautifully! I'm so thankful to the Lord for Anthony who works SO hard so I can stay home with my children and have opportunities to do things like I've done this week. He's been so gracious to let me take off and leave he and Harrison and help take care of my sister's family! What a wonderful husband he is! This has been the most rewarding week and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

4 comments:

Katie B said...

Thanks for the shout out to those of with with multiples! Grace for the moment is my motto.
Good husband are truly a blessing from the Lord. I thank God for mine everyday.

Linda Williams said...

Well, I guess my son is a "chip of the ole block" and I am glad! His Dad was always great about me visiting my family and I am so thankful that Anthony has a job that he can make it all work.
It has been a special time for you and Grace and I am very glad that you could be a part of this special time in her life.
Love,
Mimi

Vonda said...

Beth, I'm so glad you had such a great week helping out Grace and Tom and spending time with Baylee and Savannah too. Love, -V

Katy said...

I feel like I"ve already told you all this, but I am so thankful that you and Anthony were able to make it out for you to be up here last week for Grace. I know it was a huge blessing for her, and I"m glad you were able to have the time just with Bailey. And of course we lucked out to get you some too! :)