Reflections of a Mom's Life

Friday, August 31, 2007

Making Lines



I was just telling Katy about this the other day. Jackson has started "making lines" with his cars. It's something Harrison used to do and Josiah could be entertained by it for most of the day. Harrison used to get ALL of his cars lined up into almost a big square, making sure everything was aligned correctly. It almost looked like a big car lot with cars lined up bumper to bumper. Jackson is starting out with lines! This form of playing just hasn't happened for Jackson up until now. Most of the time, he's running after his brother, trying to play like a "big" boy and doing things that Harrison didn't have the know how to try at 2 years old! Now that he's home alone, he's starting to play in ways that I remember my Harrison doing when he was Jackson's age! It's so fun to watch! So for now, I'm sure we'll be making lots of lines with cars together during the day! I just love it!

7 comments:

Katy said...

It does bring back such fun memories!! It's so great that he is getting this opportunity to play like a regular 2 year old, you know! :)

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to hear your enthusiasm for the little every day activities! BTW, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog - I am enjoying having a blog and sharing updates with friends and family!
- Heather (Vonda's friend)

Heather J said...

What fun! Anderson likes to make lines with his blocks. Looks like y'all have quite the 'car collection'!

Erin said...

Joshua always lined up his cars, too. I thought it was a type-A first-born characteristic. But it looks like little boys just like to have their cars organized! How cute!

Vonda said...

Oh Jackson is adorable! It looks like he's gonna enjoy structure with lining up his cars AND not wanting his Daddy to "tear" down his bed. That must have been pretty upsetting for our little man! Love ya -V

Linda Williams said...

Oh how cute! I bet he is probably enjoying his "quiet time" with his line of cars.

Love,
Mimi

Heather said...

How funny! My Jaxon & Hudson both do this too...I think its a sign of perfectionism...or maybe its just that they are boys! =)