Reflections of a Mom's Life

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Jackson's FIRST date with Mama...while Harrison was at school!!!

Jackson and I had our first date out on the town together while Harrison was at school yesterday. We went to the Playspace Museum in Downtown Raleigh. Jackson had a blast! He was all over that place. He didn't have anyone to "suggest" to him what to play (Harrison likes to influence his brother's choices). :) He was able to go from center to center and play with whatever he wanted, for as long as he wanted, and however he wanted. Oh the Freedom!!! :) It was especially fun for me to watch him play. I didn't have to wonder where my other child was and constantly be trying to keep up with the two. Although, I can't complain about the two...I truly LOVE running after BOTH of them. It's going to be an adjustment not having Harrison with us all day. However, I recognize it's going to provide some one on one time for Jackson and I that we've never had before. The first born always gets undivided attention but it's much harder to provide that for the second. This is going to be a very special time for Jackson and Mama. :) We're going to have a lot of fun during our days together and we'll be ready to welcome Harrison back in to play with us on his track-out breaks. I just LOVE being a mommy!!! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth,
It looks like you all are doing great! It is so good to see pictures of you and Anthony and your boys. They are so handsome. It is a big shock when one child goes to school and you are back to having one child at home. For me, Jordyn (3) will be going to preschool in a couple of weeks. Then it will be just me for a few hours a week. She is so excited to start. I miss you guys. I love the pictures!!!
Felicia

Katy said...

WHAT FUN! Looks like such a fun place to play and pretend!!! We'll have to check it out next time we're down there. I know Jackson is just going to love having you all to himself for a bit!

Vonda said...

How exciting that Jackson had his Mama all to himself! I betcha he thinks he's something else having your undivided attention and knowing that he can climb on whatever he wants to without Harrison telling him what to try first. Ya know I have no idea what it's like for a 2nd born...I was the one always telling Anthony what he should or shouldn't do. Basically he had 2 Mama's and Anthony would say that was one too many. Love ya-V

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Jackson's first date looks like a Winner...that was such a cool thing for you to do with him on such a momentous occasion, you managed to create a special memory for Jackson while Harrison was on his new adventure creating his own memories. It is always good to make a big deal on days such as that for both boys. Good Job!
Love, Mom

dandsratz said...

Beth, that little Jackson is such a LOVE!! What a fun day ya'll had, for sure!! You are such a GREAT mom!!