Reflections of a Mom's Life

Monday, August 20, 2007

NO STICKER TODAY!!!

Harrison had his first day without earning a sticker at school for the day. He was SO upset and kept saying he was embarrassed! :( He wants SO bad to never get in trouble at school. We had Open House and PTA meeting at school tonight. After we were dismissed to class, his teacher, Mrs. Lee, explained a few things about their class and then mentioned that almost the entire class didn't get their sticker today. They were all acting up in Music Class and I guess they did the same thing last week! Ha! :) He said he'd do better next time! :) It reminds me of the time my sister Grace was so scared of getting a RED BLOCK at school! It terrified her to the point of not wanting to even go to school that year!!!! He's not that extreme but he does pride himself in being a good boy! I'm glad of course but just reassured him he has the chance to start over tomorrow and make a better choice! He was able to finally put it behind him! :) I signed up to be Room Parent for his class so another mom and myself are going to tag team together! I'm excited! I've always wanted to be Room Mom! :)

4 comments:

dandsratz said...

Hey Room Mom!! :) That is SOO exciting!! And I'll give that precious little man a sticker!! :)

Katy said...

Oh, poor Harrison. You knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. Maybe your memory verse for the week can be the verse in Lamentations about God's mercies being new EVERY morning! :) Ours this week is Eph 4:32 - being kind and compassionate!!! SOOO excited about your new Room Mom title - you go girl! It's going to be so fun!!!

Vonda said...

Oh what a sweet little tender heart Harrison has! God is already answering prayers in this family because I've prayed that the boys and Ella Rose would have a tender heart towards God and wanting to do the right thing. What a blessing!!! And Beth, I'm so proud of your Room Mom title. I just read this to Ian and told him I want to be Room Mom for Ella Rose one day and first thing he said was, "What does a Room Mom do?" I told him not to worry that it wouldn't be for another 5 years but he knows how I get involved in so many things. :) Oh yes, you've got to be involved and Harrison will have so many precious memories of his Mama being there and helping out. Love -V

Linda Williams said...

Your "mildew" is really proud of Harrison's Room Mother! That is the one thing that I had always wanted to do when our kids got into school because My Mother always worked and did not get involved....So, I did! You WILL so enjoy these times. I really believe that that is one of the secrets of raising wonderful children (and remember, Mimi knows this kind of thing, because she has 2 wonderful kids).....being involved with their friends and the people who are influencing them in their lives. I too, am sad that my little Harrison did not get a sticker but this is a good learning experience for him about not following the crowd. He still deserves a sticker in Mimi's book because there is a lot of things in life worse than laughing!
Love,
Mimi and Papa