Reflections of a Mom's Life

Monday, August 27, 2007

Another place in time...

The Carolina Hotel at Pinehurst
This whole weekend was amazing! As you can see the grounds were gorgeous and the atmosphere was incredible! We had the best time! I was able to walk around and take it all in, relax, go to the spa, have a weekend with Anthony. It was just what I needed! Anthony was able to have two days of incredible world class golf and it was so fun to see him interacting with his clients! He was in his element and I was so proud! This will be a weekend I know we will both remember for a very long time! We are already looking forward to next year! :) If you don't know anything about Pinehurst, check out their website through the link. There is such history at this place and it's truly a golfer's dream!







I spent the afternoon getting a massage and facial! I felt like royalty! That was a real treat! I had to get ready for the Gala! :)



The Holly Inn
There are three hotels on property, The Carolina, The Holly Inn, The Manor Inn, and there are also Villas. We stayed at The Holly Inn and I'm so glad. It was so quaint and absolutely beautiful. It was quieter than the main hotel, The Carolina. I would go and eat breakfast at The Carolina Dining Room in the morning and that place would take you back to another place in time. Did you ever see that movie "Somewhere in Time"? Reminds you of that time period.
The grounds were so lovely and beautifully landscaped!

Our room...just perfect!

6 comments:

Bridgette said...

Beth! I'm so glad to be leaving the first comment!! ;) Your room looks lovely! What a relaxing weekend getaway for the two of you. Maybe a friends trip next year, hmmmn?

Vonda said...

Oh Beth, I'm loving this! As Ian would say, "This is definitely a girlie place!" Quaint, beautiful and oh so feminine! I'm so glad you had such a relaxing time with your man and you were able to go to the spa and enjoy all of that too. And girl you have been indoctrinated into the Williams family even though you've been in our family now for 7 years...I am so proud of you that you were able to get so many great pixs on the golf course...you would think you were the hired photographer for the golf event because you got so many awesome pixs! :) Love ya -V

Ward Blog said...

WOW!!! Looks awesome Beth. I know you enjoyed the time with Anthony!!! And nothing is better than a spa day :)

Linda Williams said...

After this, vacation make not look so good.......

Love,
Mimi and Papa

The Hilemans said...

So glad you could come over yesterday, Beth and Jackson! Your trip looks fantastic - really makes me want to get away, too! What a blessing to have a nice weekend away with your husband!
-Laura

Heather said...

What a BEAUTIFUL place Beth! I would love to go there one day. All of those porches with rocking chairs...I could die sitting in a rocking chair on a porch like that and be happy! =)