Reflections of a Mom's Life

Friday, August 24, 2007

An encounter with Stone Phillips...

Anthony and I are away for the weekend. The Williams' came up to watch the boys so we could go to Pinehurst. Anthony is playing in the Nike Cup tomorrow and the Jimmy V Celebrity Golf Classic on Sunday. These are the FUN perks of his job. Can you believe he can actually call this WORK!!! Anyway, tonight we had a Pairings Party on the lawn to find out what celebrity Anthony's foursome will be paired with. Right before we found out, Anthony whispered that STONE PHILLIPS was behind us. I peeked and was so excited to see him! So we saw their names up on the screen and Saturday they are playing with Seth Joyner (former Football player for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Denver Broncos) and then on Sunday they are playing with STONE PHILLIPS!! When we saw his name, the guys all turned around and said, "hey, we're playing with you on Sunday!" He was so great! He shook all of our hands and was SO friendly! I TOTALLY wanted to take a picture for all of you but I felt like I would look like a complete and total loser! Nobody was taking pictures or holding cameras except the professionals and not to mention all the celebrities walking around, this was a pretty high class group of people. I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb!!! So anyway, Anthony said he'll try to get a picture when they golf together on Sunday! Yipeee! :) More later.....

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Well..la-ti-da...look at you all! Who knew we had friends in such high places :) I hope you have a great time. Way to keep your cool. I know Anthony was proud to have you at his side.
~Jessica

Amanda said...

Wow! I never knew you were so famous. How fun is that, have an absolute blast! Amanda

Jen said...

So do you get to sit by the pool and drink daquiries with Mrs. Phillips while the guys play golf? Seems only fair. Have a great time relaxing!

Heather J said...

Everytime I see Stone Phillips I think of the Saturday Night Live skit that Rob Lowe did impersonating Stone Phillips - totally hilarious! If you haven't seen it, you should look it up on YouTube!!! Hope y'all had a blast on your high class weekend! We're sorry we weren't able to make this Sunday work - better luck next time!!!

Adam and Natalie said...

This is so exciting. I, like you, am always starstruck when it comes to seeing famous people.

Katie B said...

First of all, let me just confess right away the jealousy I am feeling right now. You went away for the weekend?! Whatever! Second I have a funny story about the name "Stone Phillips" When I was preg. with Bianca and we didn't know what we were having our boy name was Stone. When we discussed a middle name I suggessted Philip after his brother and his dad. Of course that was out the first time we watched TV and were reminded of The Stone Phillips. Stone Philip was just too close. It didn't matter anyway- we got a Bianca Rose.

Katy said...

worry no longer - I'm back with comments! Gotta remember to tell my sister Kristen about this - she is a Dateline freak!!!

Can't wait to see pictures of President Logan!