Reflections of a Mom's Life

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Satisfied with crusts...

I was talking to my friend Megan tonight (she and her children came for dinner) and I remembed something that happened at the park on Tuesday that I thought was HILARIOUS!!! I told her and now I have to tell ALL of you!! I had packed a peanut butter and jelly lunch for the boys and cut two sandwiches up into squares...a total of 8 squares...and put them in one ziploc bag. Harrison had finished and was up playing again when I noticed that ALL of the squares had been eaten and the crusts were left in the bag. I know Jackson got at least one square because I gave it to him initially. Now, however, he was contently reaching in the bag and eating crusts. I think Harrison ate all 7 of the other squares and left the crusts for his brother. No complaints from Jackson, he was satisfied to eat the crusts left from his brother. :) True signs of a second born child...just has to go with the flow. Harrison would have NEVER settled for crusts!!! Oh, the joys of two little boy brothers!! I just love it!

9 comments:

Katy said...

That is HILARIOUS! I can't believe you didn't tell me that part! It's just the luck of the 2nd one - you're right! They just go with the punches! I don't think Jackson will waste away though...His time is coming!

Vonda said...

Oh my word...that is so funny! Poor Jackson...you just wait one day he'll turn around and pull a fast one on Harrison. :) But hey maybe Jackson is like his Uncle Ian...loves the crust on pizza and even the end pieces on bread.

heather said...

Beth your family is just beautiful! It's so hard to let the first one go off to school. It will be nice for you to stay home with your little one and have some alone time. I really enjoyed reading about your family.

Anonymous said...

"Please, mum, could I have a crust of bread??" (said in a tiny British accent!! Meg

Anonymous said...

Beth,
That was a moment that can be appreciated without a picture...as Mom's we can certainly relate if we have had the privilege of two or more children...It is amazing how the second child can be so happy with what the first child would never want...Maybe that is why we hear so much about the second child being upset when he figures out what the oldest did to him...Ha! And then there is a complete curve when the third comes along and gets anything they want...Jackson might be like his Mamaw and prefer the heel when it comes to bread but He will certainly be Big enough in size to let Harrison know when he thinks he is getting the raw end of the deal...They are just too cute in all they say and do!
Love, Mom

C.L. said...

Think what the FOURTH child is satisfied with....
;)

Heather J said...

What a cute story - I love that Jackson never missed the 'meat' of the sandwich - what a sweet boy!!

Linda Williams said...

This is just too cute. We are in SFO now and have not even checked into our room yet.....We had to check on our kids first!

Love,
Mimi and Papa

Anonymous said...

hahaha...jackson just loves to eat.

j