Reflections of a Mom's Life

Friday, June 26, 2009

the longest "cooking day" EVER

Saturday I bought my groceries to cook for the month. I say that loosely because I'm cooking more like enough meals for a month and a half. I haven't cooked like this since the meal swap at chili's and the only reason is that I haven't made it a priority. I've regretted that I haven't done it each month. I prefer it this way. I DO NOT enjoy waking up and trying to figure out dinner. I'm not good at planning week by week so this seems to work best for me.

Anyway. I'm doing it...BUT is has taken me ALL WEEK! I usually will start at night and then finish up the next morning. Just didn't happen that way. I have done a little bit every morning this week. I'm almost finished up but this has been the longest "cooking day" EVER! :)

Here is what I've made:

Chicken:
Chicken Enchiladas (2)
Chicken & Pasta Salad
Angel Chicken Pasta
Judd's Chicken Tetrazini (2)
Teriyaki Chicken (2)
Chicken Burritos (11)
Spicy Chicken Tacos (3)
Chicken w/ Tomatoes & Peppers

Pork:
Sweet & Sour Pork Chops
Breaded Pork Chops

Beef:
Mushroom Pot Roast
French Onion Pot Roast

Ground Beef:
Hamburgers (16)
Baked Spaghetti (2)
Creamy Lasagna (2)
Stuffed Shells (2)
Beef Enchiladas (2)
Slow Cooker Spaghetti & Meatballs

Other:
Mac & Cheese (4 sides)
Broccoli Casserole (4 sides)

WHEW!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

wow. i still want to try that swap thing...

Jen said...

MMMMMM....they all sound good!

Heather said...

WOW!! I imagine making all that WOULD take a long time! I usually don't make that many and it takes me two days!

Bridgette said...

are they 8 x 8 pans? or 9 x 13?
I'm super impressed!

Katy said...

yummy yummy! i'm glad you finally finished - think how happy you'll be next week when you've got all your food ready to go for you! :) After our company this next week, I'm ready to make my plan out. Aren't you glad I FORCED you to try it with me when you were 9 months pregnant with jackson!!!! :) I miss doing it with you though...it's just not as fun! (And we don't get to snack...) remember the strawberry cake??

Vonda said...

What time is Dinner? We'll be there with bells on!

Oh I wished we lived closer so you could teach me how to do this. It all looks so yummy and I am so impressed Beth that you have your act together to cook dinner ahead of time. Wow! GO GIRL!

Linda Williams said...

AND.....When will dinner be served? We're on our way!

Love,
Mimi and Papa

Unknown said...

Beth do you freeze it all? What exactly do you do??? Please tell me!!!