Reflections of a Mom's Life

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

He's tucked in and ready


We'll he's in bed and sound asleep. His clothes are laid out in his room so he can get dressed in the morning. We've packed his backpack and his lunch box, his school supplies, his rest mat, his shoes and all are waiting by the door. He's ready for his first day. I think I'm ready too. I've had time to prepare and weeks (even years) to think about this moment. My little boy REALLY isn't so little anymore. He's a school-age boy. He's still MY baby but that's not how others see him. My first born is moving into a new and exciting phase of his life. He's starting Kindergarten!!! He's going to grow and learn so much this year. He's going to change...for the better. I can't wait to hear all of the things he has done, has learned. I can't wait to see all of his work and hang it up proudly around the house! I'm so proud of him and I'm excited for him too! He has no idea the love we have for him, the hopes and dreams we dream for him. My little boy starts school tomorrow and I have not been this emotional about his future since he was first placed in my arms, March 20, 2002.
Lord, you know the prayers I have for him. Please protect him, keep him safe, help him to be eager and willing to learn, to make friends, and to enjoy himself. Help him to choose right and make wise choices. Protect his innocence for as long as possible. Take care of my little boy while I can't see him and help him to know our love for him, YOUR love for him...when this world lets him down and hurts him as I know it will. Thank you for giving him to us and for trusting him to us. He is such a blessing in our lives and we can't imagine life without our boy, our Harrison.

8 comments:

dandsratz said...

Alright Beth...make me cry!! I'll be praying that tomorrow is a FABULOUS day for you & Harrison both!!! Please let us know ASAP how it goes!! We love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Beth, I can't wait to hear how AWESOME Harrison's first day of school turns out to be! He is SOOOOOOOOOO Big now and will learn so much cool stuff this year. All beginning TODAY!!!!!!!!! I am quite sure He will have a BLAST! Do your best to capture it ALL on your new camera...And please don't let your TEARS ruin this one!
LOVE YOU ALL, Mom

C.L. said...

how exciting!! This is such a big step, I even still remember my first day going to kindergarten (but I think my mom was a little relieved...) I know he will do great!

Heather J said...

Wow how times flies. I can't believe Harrison has started to never ending process of school!! Report back how Harrison (& mommy) did for the 1st day!!

Vonda said...

Okay Beth, today at 2:00 pm. Germany time, I looked at the clock and realized it was 8:00 a.m. in Raleigh, NC. I started praying like crazy for my precious nephew that he would have such a great day on his 1st day of school...that he would meet some great little friends and that he would like his teacher. I love your prayer that you prayed for your little man! He is a special little boy and I know God is going to do great things in his life. Love, Proud Aunt Vonda

Katy said...

It's probably a GOOD thing I didn't read this blog until today - I would have gone to bed crying!!! God is going to do a great work this year in Harrison's life! He is going to be such a blessing in Mrs. Lee's class, I just know it!

Jessica said...

Beth, That is the most precious picture.

Linda Williams said...

What a precious picture of his stuff all being by the door ready for "tommorrow". Yes, I too was so touched by your precious prayer for our little man. What a blessing it is for Mom and Dad to know that you and Anthony are raising this little boy in the admonition of our Lord! Be sure and save all these pictures and your blog for him to one day see for himself how much you and we all loved him.

Love,

Mimi and Papa