Reflections of a Mom's Life

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bumps, Bruises, and Rug Burns...

Well, I think I can officially say that stairs and I have some issues. I fell down our stairs this morning, holding Jackson! This is my third fall since I've become a mother. I've fallen once with Harrison and now twice with Jackson! I don't know if I should have the privilege to carry my children down the stairs at this rate!

I'm OK, but I know there are going to be some big bruises! I can feel two rug burns already. Jackson is fine, praise the Lord! Harrison just sat on the couch watching his show (he treasures his morning TV time b/c he doesn't usually get very much after that). Didn't even budge hearing his mommy thump down the stairs and seeing me crouched at the bottom of the stairs trying to see if I would ever walk again! Then about 15 minutes later came to ask me if I was OK. We had a big talk about coming to help people when you see them get hurt! I do want him to be a Good Samaritan! :)

We're off to go to a pool date this morning. Suzanne in our Life Class at church has invited us ladies to her pool today for a couple of hours. Wish us well, the day hasn't started out so good but I'm hopeful for a turn around! :)

7 comments:

Katy said...

Oh Beth - I have been there! Except I'm usually in a parking lot in the rain in my flip flops!! BE CAREFUL!!! (Good thing Jackson is roly poly!)

Anonymous said...

I hope you're OK today, Beth! Love you! Megan

dandsratz said...

Oh BETH!! I'm hurting with you!! I'm so glad that you're OK! What a scare, for sure! Question is--Did Anthony laugh first or ask if you were ok first!! :) Truthfully, I'm laughing a little! Just a little! :) LOVE YOU!! :)

Erin said...

Oh Beth I'm so sorry! I hope you're okay! And little boys ... they definitely need their mothers to teach them concern and sympathy!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean my precious perfect loving wonderful nephew didn't come to his Mama's rescue? Okay look at it like this...maybe he was in the middle of a kid's show that was every bit as intriging as "24". Beth, if you were in the middle of "24" would you get up and check on Anthony even if he came tumbling down the stairs? No I wouldn't either. ;) Oh yeah, but that's right y'all are in the States and have the ability to record and you could always pause it and then go and check on that person tumbling down the stairs. We're in Germany where everything is so technologically behind so we would have let each other tumble. ;) Just kidding! Okay do I sound like I'm totally a doting Aunt and that this child can do no wrong? :) I know...if Harrison is gonna grow up and be an awesome husband like his Daddy, he's gotta have Mama instructing him on how to treat a lady. And Jackson probably thought the whole ordeal was an adventure since he's your little wild man. Beth, take care of yourself girl. I'm loving reading your blog. I really am gonna start one soon.
Love you
-Vonda

C.L. said...

Beth, hope your bruises get better! Rugburns are the worst!

Natalie said...

Goodness gracious! I know that was scary. I hope that you are okay! BTW, I love all the pictures of your boys. They are truly handsome and I am sure, a ton of fun. Even on the most ordinary of days:)