Reflections of a Mom's Life

Friday, July 6, 2007

A Fabulous 4th of July in VA



We spent the 4th of July at my Mom and Dad's for a cookout with family. The food was delicious, Mom and Janet just went above and beyond for all of us! People popped in and out all day and it was a nice relaxing time with family! We then met up with the Schrodts and the Jackson's at the Beach for a Symphony Concert and Fireworks. The Maggiore's and Saunders were there and we had planned to spend time with them as well. However, they decided to head of to the Judd's because of the "BAD NEWS". I'll tell you about that in a minute. We decided to stay because we had just arrived and the kids were very excited to be playing in the sand again. We wore our "FLAG" shirts from Old Navy and just looked like the cutest family ever! ...am I biased or what? Anthony wasn't too sure about the matching shirts but came around. I was so glad he did! The "BAD NEWS" was that the Fireworks had been cancelled... high swells due to wind prevented the barge from getting into position. There was still hope they would go off as planned and we held out hope 'till the very end! :) The concert was great and the kids just ran around and played in the sand. They really enjoyed their flags that the event staff was giving out. Although the Fireworks didn't work out...we have no regrets! It was a great time and a Fabulous 4th! :)



The Schrodt Family - David, Katy, Josiah, Jacob, & Callie


The Jackson Family - Chris, Jessica, & Cody





11 comments:

Katy said...

Some really great, classic pics of the kids, don't you think? I think you look fantastic in your family pic with the Flag shirts - seriously, one of the best!!! Love that tradition! We had such fun - sorry we couldn't pull through on the fireworks for you, but we loved just being with you! How come you don't have any great pictures of our boys' new best friend Aidan, at the beach? :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved the t-shirts! What a handsome family you four are! I know it was wonderful being able to do things with your "old friends" (ha! not really old but longtime friends) It looked like you were having such a good time with Chicken and Watermelon. It made me long for the "chicken picnics" we all used to have when we were in Va. As for Jackson's love of watermelon....He took that from his Mimi! Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way.....I could not believe little Cody! He is getting so big! Officer Chris and Jessica looked great and was so good to see the Schrodts and meet little Callie (not sure I spelled the name correctly. You need to get Jessica to do one of these blog things so I can keep up with Cody too. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

wow, what a great summer you guys are having so far! the boys are too cute, they are really growing up too quickly if you ask me. tyler keeps asking when are we going to visit harrison? Hopefully very soon!! Loved all the pictures, Beth and I do check your blog almost daily. Love you!

dandsratz said...

Hey Beth!! What a Great night of fun ya'll had!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the matching shirts!!! At least I got to see your smiling face flying down the road!! :) We miss ya'll! Happy 4th of July from all of us here!!! :)

Amanda said...

Hi Williams Family! Beth I am not sure if you know who I am, I am Amy Keizers (McCollum)'s best friend Amanda Oliver (Sodrel). She was over the other night and we got on your blog, you guys look great, and so happy! Please tell Anthony I said hello. Oh and you have inspired me to start my own blog! Feel free to check it out anytime, although I just started and really have nothing! God Bless, Amanda

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the T-Shirt picture with Anthony holding his "Look Alike" and you holding your "Look Alike" SS0000000000000 Cute. This certainly was FUN for you guys even without Fire Works...Good friends...good music...lots of sand for the kids and those cool flags...Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, do I have the coolest, cutest nephews in the whole wide world or what??? And I'm so glad Anthony broke down and wore the "flag" shirt...hey if Ian can tote a fru-fru Ella Rose diaper bag around, Anthony can wear a flag shirt. :) We have high speed DSL now so I hope to start my blog soon too. You have inspired me. Love you! Vonda

Anonymous said...

you should've come out on the boat...booooooo

love j

Laurel Conrod said...

Hey Beth & Anthony! Great blog, wonderful pictures, beautiful kids! It's so great to be able see familiar faces...and the faces of their children! Makes us homesick to see the great pictures at the beach. We love you, we'll be "home" next summer!

Heather said...

Hi Beth! I just looked at your blog for the first time and I have loved reading about all of your fun family times. The Lord has truly blessed your lives! Your boys are adorable. I think the last time I saw you you only had Harrison! If you are ever in Boise again to see Chad & Bridge, we would love to see you again! Until then I'll keep up through your blog!