Reflections of a Mom's Life

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Camera Catastrophe!!!

Well...I'm in the market for a new camera! We had Baylee's 2nd Birthday party today at Ocean Breeze (we came in to VA last night and had a family party for Grant and Emma's birthday's and then left tonight after the party for Baylee...so our visit was VERY quick!). I was documenting everything because I'm BLOG crazy these days. I was having so much fun and getting so many great pictures. I was taking pictures of Baylee and Jackson in the wave pool and this wave caught me off guard and SOAKED my camera. It's a gonner! We tried drying it out...to no avail! The zoom is in the on position so it won't even close up! I was SO upset with myself. I can't live without a camera!!! Harrison is starting school next week, I have to be able to take pictures!! I'm addicted to blogging...I MUST have a camera!!! I'll probably have to buy a disposable to get his first day of school but hopefully I'll have something soon. The memory stick is fine and the pictures I took of the beginning of the day are fine so that's a blessing! Hopefully I can post some of those tomorrow. Word to the wise...be careful with your camera near the water...you do want to be able to post pictures on your BLOG, don't you???? :)

7 comments:

Vonda said...

Oh no Beth!!! It reminds me of last October when I was pregnant and clumsy and I dropped our camera and it never worked again. I was mortified! But you've got to have a camera, so I can see my nephews and everything y'all are up to. Love you -V

Heather J said...

What a travesty!! All sorts of 'memories' seem to happen when either you don't have your camera or its not working! Silly wave!! Great getting to see you for a couple of moments last nite - hurry back so we can 'hang'! BTW, I got my copy of 'Don't make me count to 3' - we'll have to review together!!!

Bridgette said...

Beth! You should buy a camera from Best Buy with their warranty plan! At the risk of sounding like a spokesperson, they will REPLACE your camera even if it's your fault! Check them out when you find what you want. :) B~

Jamie said...

What a shame!! I am always so worried that when I take pictures in the pool that either someone is going to splash me or I am going to drop it. Your catastrophe reminds me to be more cautious. Sorry I missed seeing you last night, but look forward to your next visit.

dandsratz said...

Alright Beth--that is HUGE...of to Best Buy you need to go!! :)

Katy said...

Oh Beth - this is terrible news!!! You & Anthony will have to have a Best Buy date before he heads off to Richmond/Colorado!! You can tell him it's the ONLY extended warranty I have ever bought - because I figured that my kids (or perhaps a wave) would break my camera at some point. I'm relieved to hear that at least your memory card is okay though - so you didn't lose the pics!! UGH!

Anonymous said...

Well, I noticed last night in talking with Anthony that he obviously wanted you to feel better about your camera dilema that he reminded himself of all the money that his dad has had to spend on your "MILDEW" misfortunes through the years. There is always something happening to make life totally seem unpredictable! (remember what Mildew is) "Mother-in-law does everything wrong"
Love,
Mimi