Reflections of a Mom's Life

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mimi & Papa have come and gone...

We had a GREAT weekend with Harrison's and Jackson's Mimi & Papa. They came up to spend time with the boys AND to help us out a little bit. We had a New Member Seminar to go to at Providence so we can start the process of becoming members. It was a Friday night and Saturday day thing so we needed some help in the childcare department. They were happy to assist and the kids LOVED their time with them.

I wasn't too excited about the seminar at first. It seemed like a long time and I couldn't imagine what all they needed to share with us. However, it provided a nice time for Anthony and I...without boys...to enjoy a dinner date together on Friday night. We very much enjoyed that. ...AND it was actually a really nice seminar. Pastor Horner, who is an excellent teacher, did an incredible job of really explaining what Providence is all about and how we as members will fit into that. I feel like I have a clear understanding of what the vision of our new church is and what our place is in the whole scope of things. It definitely was NOT a waste of time. I'm so glad! Now, we'll just meet up with our Deacon and be announced on August 19th. That will be nice to have completed. :)

While we were at the Seminar Mimi, Papa, and the boys spent the morning at the neighborhood pool and the boys showed off all their water tricks they've been working on this summer. We went to Wilbur's BBQ in Goldsboro, NC last night for dinner. That is Papa's and Anthony's FAVORITE BBQ anywhere...so that was a real treat. After we got home and the boys were in bed, Mimi and I finished up re-covering my dining room chairs that were my Nanny's (mom's mom). I've been wanting to do that for a long time and it was worth it! They look amazing. Just a few more finishing touches and they'll look brand new. I love it that I have her dining room furniture. It makes them so special to me.

After church today, Mimi & Papa were off on a flight again. We'll miss them. It was great having them and their generous helpful spirit. They are TRULY a BLESSING in our lives! Can't wait 'till the next visit!

5 comments:

Katy said...

Ya-hoo! SO glad you had a good weekend after all! I can't wait to hear all about it. I can't believe you didn't include a picture of the chairs - although I'll see them in person in a few days!! Josiah & Jacob are so excited about our trip next weekend - it's helped to distract them for sure!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Beth it was great to see you and the family at church today! I love the blog! Thanks for sharing it.
Love, Lianne

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth, you are quick on the draw girl...wow you already have a pix posted on Mom and Daddy...you're amazing! Glad to hear the weekend went so well...you'll love Providence...great place and great people too. We love you and miss you! The chairs look awesome!
Love, Vonda

C.L. said...

hey Beth! I am bummed I didn't get to see you either, hope you are feeling well! Love your new website and I am glad we have a way to keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Beth,
You're amazing at this blogging thing...it is so nice to see pictures of the everyday events of your life so quickly...I am so glad we are not looking at you in the hospital after your fall...good job for instructing Harrison on his speed to assist those who are hurt...It was adorable to see your THREE Men working so well together in the yard...Love Ya, Mom