Reflections of a Mom's Life

Saturday, December 6, 2008

5 MILES!!!!


Last Saturday, Nov 29th, Katy and I were able to run together again! It was so much fun! Who ever thought I would call running fun??? :)

I've been TRAINING for a 1/2 Marathon for 4 weeks now (I can't believe I'm telling y'all that. I've been a little secretive about it...just in case I change my mind!) It was my first 5 mile run and how great it was to have Katy to run with me! I have come a long way since our last run! I was only able to run a 1 1/2 mile stretch and then had to walk a bit before we finished the 3 miles. It took me 37 minutes which was exciting for me at the time. It challenged me so much that the next Monday I ran a straight 3 miles for the first time.

This run with Katy was great for many reasons. One, I ran a whole 5 miles for the first time and 59:05 minutes which was a first for me too!!! whoohoooo! Two, I got to run with my cheerleader and running coach. I started this journey August 4, 2008 and and she's been there every step of the way. Third, we had a whole hour of uninterrupted conversation! Who would have thought I would think of running as a great way to talk to my friend without having to tend to children in the process! It was GREAT! We had a lot to talk about too, so it was perfect! :)

Thanks Katy for running with me! I promise I am gonna sign up for the Shamrock even though I am scared to death to do it! I'm looking forward to another great run at Christmas...7 miles!!! Another first! :)

5 comments:

Vonda said...

WOO HOO!!! I am so proud of you girl, and I can't wait to talk to you about the Jingle Bell Run today too. I know you must have looked like a pro running out there. Okay I'm gearing up to go run right now. It is NOT RAINING in Germany nor is it SNOWING so I've got to take advantage of it while I can...:) Hee Hee. Beth girl I am so proud of you! You are inspiring me!!!

Janet said...

Beth - that is SO awesome!! I think it took Brian and I 6 months to work up to 5 miles. Wow!! You are just amazing! We follow your running accomplishments with great excitement for you!!!

Katy said...

It was SO great! You know one of the reasons I love running is for the quiet, personal time for ME! And so now I love that you are doing it too because we get uninterrupted talk time!!! LOVE it! I was secretly hoping that this post would also contain the news that you've finally signed up for Shamrock.....COME ON ALREADY!!!!

Linda Williams said...

You mean you could talk? My goodness.....I would totally be out of breath....I would "panting" for my breath!

Love,
Mom Williams

Keizers Family said...

I'm so excited for you!! Congrats on signing up for the half marathon!! You'll love it!