Reflections of a Mom's Life

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home at last...

Well, we've had a wonderful two weekends filled with Thanksgiving Celebrations! Last weekend we were in FL with Anthony's parents. It was wonderful as always and the kids love it when they're there. Mom fixed lots of yummy food and we filled up on it for days! :) We got home Monday night and left Tuesday night for my Mom's. It was a quick turn around but it really worked out perfectly.

Spent Wed. morning with the Schrodts, always a fun time, and attended the Thanksgiving Service as ASBC that night. Then it was time to get to Mom's and prepare for the next day. :) Again, we had tons of yummy food! It's so funny to me that both Mom W. and my Mom cook such different things around the Holidays and yet I look forward to it all. One year, Mom W. tried to switch it up a bit and cooked a few different things than usual. Vonda, Anthony, and myself practically had a riot! We like to know what we're having and imagine them in our minds and look forward to them all day. A few new things are always nice but stick to the classics! That's my opinion anyway! :)

It has been a great time with family, cousins, and friends. We always feel so blessed during this time of year with all the wonderful relationships with which God has blessed us! It's nothing to take for granted! On Friday, I had plans to do the shopping thing but chickened out about 10pm while laying on the couch! I think Nanny was glad I cancelled, it would have been a long day! :) Anthony was able to round up some old high school buddies and play basketball on Thanksgiving night late. He took Austin with him and the first thing Austin was curious about were all the knee braces! Hilarious! Those boys are getting older, I guess. Anthony came home with a jammed little finger but that is much better than the foot that needed surgery not too long ago. He loves basketball but he was warned about that wrath that would occur if he was on crutches and in a foot boot for another pregnancy. Remember that!!! Boy, I do! :)

Friday night, we spent the evening with the Maggiore's and Jackson's. Jen cooked a FABULOUS lasagna and it was more time with very special friends! Once we got home to Grace's, Anthony went out with Tom and Austin and bowled. They had a ton of fun and were up late. These late nights out are going to catch up with Anthony this week! Saturday we attended Josiah Schrodt's Birthday party and that was a blast for the kids. Who doesn't love Chuck E. Cheese's??? I'm so happy it worked out for us to be there! Harrison and Jackson sure love those Schrodt boys! We headed home last night and I've pulled out the Christmas decorations. Yippee! It's starting to look a lot like Christmas around here! Hope you all had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! Now that I've written about it, I'll post my pictures later and you'll be able to scroll through without having to read too! :)

10 comments:

The Stiners said...

Sounds like you had a blast! That's awesome you guys could get up to Virginia to see your family! You're very lucky you live so "close" to so much family and friends! Hope you're feeling great these days! Post pictures of that preggo belly soon! :)

Jen said...

Glad you guys are home safely and you get to start decorating for Christmas. It was great fun seeing you - can't wait till the next time.

Ward Blog said...

So good to see ya'll Weds night. Sorry we missed you Friday night...Kylee was miserable after her shots. Hopefully next time we can spend some quality time together. Brad enjoyed playing b-ball with Anthony :). Have fun decorating...it's my favorite thing to do...

Bridgette said...

Beth! I loved the comment about the knee braces from Austin.:) How funny. So glad you had 2 wonderful Thanksgivings with your families! Can't wait to see your pics!

Vonda said...

AMEN on the food that should always be fixed...some things just should never be changed!!! It sounds like y'all have been busy as bees in the last couple of weeks but had such a great time with family and friends. We sure missed being at Mom and Dad's with y'all. Love ya -V

Heather said...

We REALLY need to get together soon! I hope you are coming to the party Sat night so we can catch up!

Katy said...

Had so much fun with you guys too...although could have used an extra day! Thanks so much for spending Wednesday with us, and coming to the party. Josiah was SO excited that Harrison & Jackson were coming all the way from Raleigh to celebrate with him. We love you guys!!

Linda Williams said...

Just think......Anthony and Beth and the boys have celebrated Thanksgiving THREE times......Now is that extra thankful or extra hungry! Ha. We Williams' got an early start in September, didn't we!

It was, as always, wonderful to have you here in Florida! I was telling my friends today what a great time we had and they were commenting on how "beautiful" my tree looks after Harrison helped me with the ornaments. Of course, Harrison DID ask me why I did not have a "beautiful" tree like Mommy and Aunt Vonda. Of course.....I think I DO have a beautiful tree....Not designer....Not new....in fact quite old...But to be older than our son....It's not bad! Ha.

Love,
Mom

dandsratz said...

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!! (a little late! :) ) Ya'll undoubtedly had a great celebration week!! I chickened out on the Friday shopping, too!!! Too much traffic...and doesn't the couch sound so much better! :)

Natalie said...

Sounds like you have had a wonderful time spending the holiday with family and friends. It was so good to see you in VB, and I hope we see you soon:)