Reflections of a Mom's Life

Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Very Happy 30th Birthday!

The boys welcomed me this morning with a beautiful homemade card (my FAVORITE) and a Happy Birthday song. We took a quick picture before heading off to church this morning.
The big surprise of the evening was Gretchen & Finn, Adam, Natalie, & Greta, & Kathy coming to give me a Birthday party. We didn't have any big plans for the evening, we were just going to relax at home. Gretchen (who is visiting with her baby boy named Finn and her mom from Alaska) called at about 5pm and said they would be over at 6pm with take-out to celebrate my 30th. They couldn't stand the idea of me not having a party. They were so sweet and it made the day very special. They brought pizza and cake and we had a wonderful time. I'm so glad that Adam and Nat live near us and hope to continue to be good friends. It's been very fun to see Gretchen, Finn, and Kathy! I haven't seen them since Bridgette's wedding and this has been a REAL treat! I can't wait to see Bridgette in October.


Gretchen trying to light 30 candles before the wax melted into the cake!
Harrison and Jackson loved singing Happy Birthday again and really enjoyed watching Mommy blow out all of those candles!
A quick picture of everone before they left. Left to Right...Natalie holding Greta, Beth, Jackson, & Harrison, Gretchen holding Finn, and Kathy (KiKi) or "whowho" according to Jackson. Thank you guys SO Much for making a wonderful memory with me for my 30th Birthday! You were a Blessing!

To sum things up, I'll tell you what my Mommom said on the phone yesterday while wishing me a Happy 30th Birthday. She told me that I didn't need to be sad about turning 30. God had been so good to me in my 20's. I've graduated college, gotten married to the love of my life, had two adorable, precious boys, moved numerous places and made many friends, have 2 nephews and 3 nieces, and many more blessings than I can count. I can only be excited about what God has for me in my 30's. I am so thankful to the Lord for ALL of these blessings!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey b

jackson is looking at the baby...maybe it's time for another one...;)

jane

Anonymous said...

quick call 911!!!!! one healthy blow to those 30 candles could burn the whole house down

mom

Adam and Natalie said...

So much fun Beth! We were happy to celebrate your birthday with you!

Bridgette said...

Beth beth BETH! I just got back in town and HAPPY to see all of the posting that's been going on! I LOVE that the gang brought the party to you.:) I so WISH I were there to celebrate with you all. Looks like loads of fun. I hope you had the very happiest of birthdays and maybe we will see you in September first? Make plans! Love, B~

p.s. the new haircut is stupendous!!! I heart it.

Katy said...

So are you happy now, Beth? I can officially comment on all your blogs!! Not only will you get my opinions over the phone, but now you'll have them in writing!!! Anyways, I HATE that you had your 30th without me, but we'll make up for it next week!!! Love all those candles - it would have been a crime for you just to have cobbler! Love, me

dandsratz said...

Happy Happy Birthday Beth!! You are one STUNNING 30 year old!!

Anonymous said...

Beth and Anthony,
Dad and I really enjoyed the blog today. We both got on different computers and we got so excited about what we were seeing that we kept bothering each other pointing out what we were seeing about our precious "little family"! Now we got to talk Vonda into doing this too and we will all feel closer together.

Love,
Mom and Dad