Reflections of a Mom's Life

Friday, January 4, 2008

toothless...

Harrison lost his FIRST tooth today! he was hilarious! he was eating a PB&J sandwich for his second helping of lunch - growth spurt i guess - and kept complaining that his teeth felt bumpy. i suggested he may need to brush them but he kept complaining. i finally went over to look and survey the situation. one of his bottom front teeth was loose, very wiggly. he was very excited and i told him he could play with it and eventually it would come out.

he kept going in and out of the bathroom to check it out and i finally asked him to close the drain so it wouldn't get lost "if" it did come out - i didn't think it was that ready. i was on the phone with Katy and he comes over and tells me that he's going to go into the bathroom and shut the door so if it comes out it will be a surprise. after he walked away, i joked to her that i was surprised that he wasn't more upset about the whole thing. he's usually quite cautious and i thought for sure the unknown of the situation would take him over the edge. as she and i are talking, i hear him swishing and spitting and i ask if he is ok. he comes out of the bathroom holding his tooth with the cutest little look on his face. my BIG boy just took it out! i couldn't believe it! i remember being such a basket case when my first tooth was lose!!!

he told me that it bled a little but that it was ok and that the blood would go away! what a big boy!

so here he is...with one less tooth! when he had his dentist appointment last month they said that his bottom teeth were a bit loose and he could loose one as early as three months but i guess they were more lose than they thought! :)




i guess this is a sign that he is REALLY growing up!

9 comments:

The Petersons said...

That's quite a milestone. Congrats Harrison - I hope the tooth fairy was generous!

Natalie said...

Wow! Greyson can't wait to loose his first tooth. I guess it will be soon:) How they grow so fast...

Vonda said...

Yeah Harrison...I can't believe our little man is growing up! Wow!!! He looks like such a big boy with that tooth missing and just to think he pulled it himself. -Proud Aunt Vonda

Linda Williams said...

Now our children always thought the tooth fairy at our house was POOR.....How about the Williams family in Raleigh? I am also so very proud of our little Harrison! I was watching some video last night of him playing in Virginia Beach and he was only 9 or 10 months old! He even showed then a real determination to get things done....I think we need to talk up "Denistry".....Good profession if he can make it with 8 or 10 years of college!

Love,
Mimi and Papa

Heather said...

That is something that REALLY grosses me out! I remember even feeling the same way when I lost my own teeth. Cailey can't wait to lose hers-can I send her over there when it happens?

Heather said...

COngrats Harrison! This is a big deal!

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I was sitting here looking at the picture of Harrison missing his tooth and Emma looked up and asked, "Where'd Harrison's tooth go?" I asked her where she thought it went and looking at the picture to the right she said,"He must have lost it somewhere at the beach!" HA!
Love, Mom

Katy said...

He DOES look so grownup with one missing!! I loved hearing the play by play on the phone and am so glad to FINALLY see his little toothless smile!!!! Way to go! (I sort of feel like I should chipped in for the tooth fairy since I was part of the drama!!)

Heather J said...

Congratulations Harrison - wow, these milestones are coming fast & furious!!!